Summer League Playoff Format:
· Game 1) 1st vs. 2nd place team get a bye (playing each other in a friendly)
· Game 2) 3rd place team vs. 6th placed team
· Game 3) 4th place team vs. 5th placed team
· Game 1) 1st place vs. lowest seed winner from week 1
· Game 2) 2nd place vs. highest seed winner from week 1
· Game 3) loser of game 2 from week 1 vs. loser of game 3 from week 1
· Game 1) Game 1 winner from week 2 vs. Game 2 winner from week 2 (3-20min periods)
· Game 2) Game 1 loser from week 2 vs. Game 3 winner from week 2 (3-25min periods)
· Game 3) Game 2 loser from week 2 vs. Game 3 loser from week 2 (3-25min periods)
- Each team will have 1 - 30 second time-out, it will be stop time and you have to be losing to call it
-In the event of a tie a five minute overtime period will be played.
-If a playoff game is tied after 3 periods and overtime, the game will go to a shootout. Each team will take 3 shots. The order of the shooters will be female first and male second until its conclusion. If the game is still tied after 3 shots, the game will go to a sudden death shootout. Each team will take 1 shot until one team scores and the other does not.
- If two or more teams are tied, the GHL will use the following procedure to determine the final rankings.
Final Summer Season Standings
1) Overall wins (wins x 2 points)
2) Head to Head wins (Tied Team A beat tied Team B before)
3) Least Goals Against
4) Most Goals For
5) If still tied, Coin Flip